ANTONIO SANTOS MACHADO, arquitectos Lda
Is an Architecture and Urban Design company, with continuous independent professional activity, for more than 30 years now, integrating the design of buildings and open space, and transforming “projects” into genuine places.
With creative thinking we believe that buildings ought to be designed together with the larger environment, so that the resulting whole will be greater than the sum of its parts. We design places that create a sense of public purpose, and community pride, so our work somehow incorporates the past while building for the future.
Our people, clients & daily work are vital to a mission that matters!
Our mission can be summarized as the effort to use our expertise to provide guidance to theClient’s vision for a particular project and help him to remove obstacles that all design problems usually present.
Our core values when conducting a business can be summarized as:
- a commitment to understand our client’s needs taking into proper consideration connectiveness and stability, a correct budget and timeline schedule to support good design practices and client’s satisfaction, without harming job’s accuracy and purpose.
- a commitment to promote, a shared decision-making process with stakeholders and our team delivering results, being open and bold, always operating with transparency and Ethics.
We focus our efforts to make a difference every day. Above all, we’re a team, enjoying the journey to deliver outstanding results, continuously improving our standards and building relationships, developing our people, and measuring ourselves against the highest standards of integrity.
HOW WE WORK
We would love to share ideas, suggest options and answer your questions
As we start a new job, and when compared across with other architectural practices, we dedicate a lot of effort, trying to understand our clients’ needs and their specific physical circumstances. We care that the right problem is being addressed and solved.
As our work begins, we engage a drive together with the client to help him to reach appropriate solutions to its goals and expectations. We face this challenge with an open mind, without any preconceptions, in a pretty much “blank canvas” context. We follow no formulas, so one can say that each design is unique and not subservient to an aesthetic or physical “signature style”. As it unfolds through execution and construction phases, one can recognize its positive impact on expectations and people´s daily lives.
Time is precious and to save your time and energy we can offer a full project management service. With the right budget framework and transparent communication, we can organize every step of the way to turn your dream, into reality.
As the relationship between the client team and the design team has become more complex over the years, we adapt the scope of our services to the client´s needs and requirements, (The Brief), along with the recommendation on refinement the interface between the design team and the construction team (a systemic approach) that has also its specificities.
Therefor we can focus our attention on specific design stages isolating scopes and responsibilities, or develop an extended design process coordinating levels of design and sub-consultant’s diversity, throughout the most common construction design stages of:
- “Pre-Design” (Client´s brief, creating concept design options and preview licencing or legal constrains),
- “Design” (conceptual and detailed designs, to coordinate the design among consultants; develop a set of construction information and prepare a tender, obtain consents required prior to construction),
- “Construction” (award a Building Contract; site supervision assisting construction stages; inspect the construction as it progresses; hand over the building;)
Our aim is to provide the Client with a road map for promoting consistency from one stage to the next, according with its goals, and to provide vital guidance to clients undertaking perhaps their first and only building project.
With these values and principles casted in specific design opportunities, we were led – together with our clients – into some unique achievements, proposals, designs and construction examples, of good practices that we all are very proud of.